Wednesday, April 22, 2009

P.P. cont.


Oh yes. These poor little potatoes. Those brown limp raggedy things used to be so lovely. And what's more, they filled the whole bin! Sigh.I still have one healthy plant, and lots of ladybug poop. And no aphids. Thinking back, I'm pretty sure they didn't get enough water, as well as being attacked by insects. In fact, I've started soaking the pots really well every few days instead of watering a little every day (this was at the suggestion of my brilliant Dad) and all of the plants seem happier.

Today, while I was making dinner, I realized that one of the potatoes I'd bought to eat was growing out of all of its eyes... so yes, I cut it up to plant.

I traded a bunch of dirt for a few minutes of dog/brush clearing advice, and I have a bucket full of stewed Bokashi... can you guess what I'm going to be doing tomorrow afternoon? (since I don't have any massage appointments)

2 comments:

Geo said...

Aren't you glad you don't grow out your eyes? I am.

Guess what I'm doing today? I am making fresh dandelion flower tea and possibly starting dandelion flower jelly!

Watering = good. I should do it more too.

xo

Anna said...

haha! yes, i am glad! although, maybe i'd have some sort of super exray vision or something if i did...