Monday, May 25, 2009

Jacob is in Japan

Lucky dog.

That leaves me alone for the holiday though, as Anica and Atira babysat for some friends. So, I made the trek to Laie, where Natalia and Brandon let me sleep on their couch and crash their holiday. I love them, and I don't visit with them nearly enough.

We stayed up late talking over a fire on the beach, then got up really early to go catch fish in the tide pools down the beach. It was so cool. I caught 3 eels! I threw them back in the water. N and B have set up a sort of revolving fish tank at their house, they put little fish in from the ocean and take big fish out to put back into the ocean. It's really neat. N found a tiny little octopus, sadly it was in pretty bad shape when we found it and died by the afternoon. After we got done with the tide pools, we came home for a nap. Then, we went surfing! It was pretty rainy, but the water was warm and the waves were small; just the way I like 'em. Now I'm back home and I can't believe that Jacob's trip is half over! I took the opportunity to excersize my voice while I drove up to Laie and back, singing as loud as I could until my throat is raw and my lungs are a bit tired. It's been a pretty great weekend, and the timing was fabulous. I even have one more day off before it's back to work on Weds.

2 comments:

Emily said...

awwww sounds like a great time!

Geo said...

*siiiigh*