Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have sneezes

that throw me to my knees. They make me think about the effects of whiplash. And they come in flocks. Or murders like crows.

A murder of sneezes.

A gang of sneezes?

A herd of sneezes.

A pod of sneezes.

A gaggle of sneezes.

I've developed a pretty strong desire for chili flakes. In chicken broth. In hot chocolate. On the egg salad sandwiches that Elijah made for dinner tonight.

That is going very well by the way. He started his new job this past Monday, he folds his towel neatly in the bathroom and he learned so quickly to always put the lid down. You know which lid I mean.

Since I've been in quarantine (trust me, it's for the good of the public, although I apologize most profusely to the two clients who had to work with a new therapist today) I've had time to devote to a side project I've been thinking about. I'm going to put some jewelry up for sale at the office I work at. Most of the clients are a little new-agey and I think they'll love the idea of wearing 'crystals' around to help balance their energy.

I hate missing work. I love my work. I also feel a bit like a loser when I don't work, so I try to cram my home sick time with other projects. Things I've been meaning to do but haven't had time. Like blogging.

2 comments:

Geo said...

My Nose is Like an Iron Cannon
by Rick Walton

My nose is like an iron cannon
Blasting in the wind.
"Load the powder! Tamp it down!"
The swarthy captain grinned.
I feel an itching coming,
Trembling in my nose.
"Batten down the hatches, mate-ees,
Watch it! Thar she blows!"

Anna said...

Har Har! That is great Geo, thanks for sharing.