So, sometimes, I'm really cheap. And lazy. Sometimes that works out well, and other times, well...
For some reason, my pictures are not uploading, so I'll just tell you what happened.
Birthday cake is not all that important to Jacob. But it's traditional, and important to other people (who are meeting us for dinner tonight) so I thought I'd do something. We had a browniemixinamasonjar that someone gave as a Christmas present (this is the cheap part), so I threw that together. I had to run across the street to Star Market for butter or something and while I was there I happened to run into Bus Man.
subplot: a couple of days ago, bus man paid very close attention to me on the bus, made me a bit nervous, and i finally tricked him into getting off the bus by saying i was getting off. he jumped off, i stayed on, sayounara bus man.
So B.M. is in line behind me, staring and trying to get my attention (which thanks to years of dog training is hard to do) I pay and scram it across the street where I (this kind of makes me laugh now, remember RAC alert joh?) hide behind this big truck that's conveniently parked in front of my appartment. B.M. comes out the doors just as I duck behind the truck. He stops, looks around, up the street and down the street. Then he pulls out what he just bought, munches on it for a while, keeps looking around. My apartment is on the third floor and very visible, and honestly, though this guy doesn't strike me as the premeditative make you want to crawl out of your skin creepy type, I'd really rather he not have any idea where I live, so I stay put until he finishes his meal and heads back into Star Market. Then I run up the stairs dash inside and lock the door.
As a result of bus man, (and sheer laziness) after I've made the brownies, I'm not that excited about the idea of running back across the street for powdered sugar to make frosting, but they kind of need something because I wasn't patient enough to wait until they were cool to take them out of the pan and as a result they're kind of crumbly. So, I substitute with brown sugar. And end up making carmel to go on the brownies. It's very sweet and, well, yuck.
Luckily, I also today dipped some strawberries in chocolate (I was going to put them on top of the brownies) and they turned out very well, so maybe instead of cake, we'll have chocolate dipped strawberries. Happy Birthday Jacob!
4 comments:
bummer the icing didn't take but happy birthday to jacob from us too. glad you successfully dodged bus man; he creeps me out just hearing about him.
thanks bec, yah. bus man. jacob wants to find him.
Happy Birthday Jacob!! Please help keep my sister safe from bus stalkers who eat convenience store takeout.
(Remember brownie pud, Nan?)
Happy birthday from me too, Jacob!
Your B.M.(!) story reminds me of a deaf guy who stalked me some years ago—didn't turn out to be criminal, but he certainly did creep me out. Be careful.
Sorry about your brownie yuck.
Maybe if B.M. won't stop bothering you you should make HIM some brownies and give him a dose of methylene blue.
Post a Comment