Wednesday, June 08, 2011

aquaponics

wow, it's been a while.

I've been really busy making, photographing, inventorying, marketing. I've finally figured out how to take some decent pictures, here's one I feel pretty proud of:


Not too bad for the point and shoot.

Today I went with a woman I work with, Kelsie, to look an aquaponics system. It was very exciting, but I don't think it'll work where J and I live right now. But someday maybe.


As you can see, it's solar powered, the engineer told us that the tiny pump he's got attached to it will fill the plant bins in 17 minutes of sunlight. He's growing tilapia, they are very cute and I think it would be difficult to kill them.

In other news, I think I'm going to a sort of raffle on my other blog starting in the next week, so if you're interested, check back in :) love you all, Anna.

1 comment:

Geo said...

Coo-well! Pretty necklace! Fascinating garden! I wanna make stuff! I wanna plant stuff! xoxox