We both work full-time and are great tenants. We don't smoke or drink, we keep pretty regular hours and we like to keep things CLEAN.
We'd like to have a small container garden if possible, so that we can indulge in our passion for home grown basil and tomatos.
We're looking to move ASAP, but are pretty flexible about dates. Our price range is about 700 dollars. We would be really excited about an arrangement to trade yard work or pet care for rent money.
We're looking for a 6 month to year lease.
Ahh. The apartment search has officially begun. This is what I posted on Craigslist earlier this evening. Little do they (whoever they happen to be) know that my real intention with a container garden is to make it as big as I can possibly get away with.
One era is drawing to a close, another is beginning. We had a sweet time with Anica and Atira this evening. For the first time in months, we were all at home having dinner at the same time. It felt like something to celebrate, so we got out a pretty tablecloth and drank juice out of fancy glasses.
I feel very appreciative of the opportunity we've had to live together. I'll be honest, it hasn't been easy for any of us; but what an incredible opportunity to grow and develop. Not to mention being able to watch Atira grow and develop into an energetic, sensitive and hilarious little girl. She's doubled her highth since she moved here. She's also just learned how to be sarcastic and identify subtle emotions in other peoples conversations. At the same time, if you ask her "how are you doing?", she'll say, "I'm 2". I think she's assuming that you've forgotten to say the "old" part of "how old are you?" her conversation is a lot of "excuse me please, may i have a blank a little bit?" that could be "a go outside" or "a lunch" or "piece of gum" or "a play in the park". She's not demanding, she wants them all just a little bit. "Excuse me please, may I have a go in the ocean a little bit?"
Another era that I feel is slowly but surely drawing to a close is having two living parents. I am really blessed to have two creative, witty, intelligent and loving parents. I'm doubly blessed to have both of them around into my late 20's. I've been trying to come to terms with the inevitability of death for some time now. I've searched my inner pockets and found little hidden kernels of fear and sorrow and anger. I've taken them out and examined them, tasted them, listened to them and tried to put them where they belong. I've tried to find the big feelings that will surely go along with this change, instead everything starts to feel a little surreal. Something so big and significant is happening but it's inside and invisible, (for me; not, maybe, for those of you living closer, you see more of the outside stuff) and my life, all of the little details of work and personal interactions go on as usual. Food gets made. Food gets eaten. Dishes get washed. The floor gets vacuumed. I smile and wave. I chat with my clients. I cherish the time I spend with Jacob. I feel sometimes like I am wearing glasses with two different colored lenses. Excuse me please, may I have a single reality a little bit?
2 comments:
Annie, this really does feel like an end of summer post. In so many ways. I love you.
Also, I think you look incredibly like Martin in this photo.
I really need your mailing address can you email it to me? eatyourhamtina@hotmail.com
Post a Comment