Tuesday, December 02, 2008

mango for menstual stress?

i went to bed last night with the vague notion that there'd be trouble this morning. i awoke singing the owie song. that's the one where you rock back and forth, kick you legs, moan, rub your feet together, rub you arches, your inner thighs, your lower back, heat up the heat pack, drop things, watch your hands shake, feel your heart try to explode in waves, owie owie owie...

jacob is very good. he has some great acupressure tricks:

zusanli (stomach 36)
xuehai (spleen 10)

and recently for the heart explsion ( i don't feel panicked emotionally)

yinxi (heart 6)

and i am generally pretty good, monitering my diet, excerzing (usually ahem.)

those all usually work pretty good, along with mydol when i just can't stand it. but when all those things together don't work?

meet anica. she and baby atira have come to live with us for awhile. she suggested potasium, in the form of a mango. yum yum, that's my kind of medicine. and you know what? the shakes and jitters are mostly gone. maybe it's dietary defficiency instead of excess this time...



so the next time the owie song gets you, try some mangolove :)

2 comments:

Geo said...

I just finished that song. I will try it next month!

Emily said...

If I ever got that owie song I would definitely try it....however..maybe I'll try it just for fun!! :-)