Ideas always look exciting and interesting from far away (a sunny grassy slope extending to a beautiful ocean bay), and then when I actually examine, I realize there's a lot of work involved and maybe I'm not so excited about it after all (that's me realizing that it's really muddy and slippery and steep and to boot, volcanic). Sometimes, I'm in the middle of it by then.
I've also split myself into three people. Now don't panic, I know I'm not three people, just in my dream to explain it better to myself. I have:
- Me, my conscious in charge of things me
- The workhorse me (WM), who doesn't think too much but is always around to do things like the dishes, or vacuuming, or the laundry. Work for the sake of work.
- And I have the explorative me (EM), who doesn't follow rules very well because she is off doing her own thing. She's also not very concerned about time or safety. She is very important however for processing feelings. She just does it at inconvenient times.
EM on the other hand, is busy doing her own thing, digging around to see if there's anything interesting; lo and behold, she finds a body. Now this could represent a couple of things. It could be something I thought I finished with that I've been thinking about revisiting, or it could be my old dead schedule from before I started my new job. Also, I've spent a lot of time on a small jewelry business and I haven't actually made any money. Maybe it's time to ditch it and just be a hobby jeweler for now.
What I'd like to accomplish in my dream: I'm not sure yet. But I think I'd like all three of my people on the same page, working together.
Anyone else want to join my dream analysis club? What have you dreamed recently, how has it affected you? Emily, I like the talent idea. I'll have to think about talents I've been trying to dig up. Joh, I want to hear your untrained opinions; I love your oppinions.
4 comments:
Sounds like really excellent analysis so far. I think YOU are the trained one, Annie. I'll be interested to hear what you ultimately think that dead body represents. Sure feels like you're onto something big.
I woke up from a dream this morning that felt like an important one too, and I'm mulling over its meaning, can't stop thinking about it. Anyone who wants to take a stab is welcome to over at my place. I find it entertaining to play Jung with each other's night-visions.
wow! I love your analysis! Sounds great! Maybe I should spend more time analyzing my dreams.... most of the time I don't like thinking about them anyway. More often than not, they are much too disturbing. *sigh* I'll come to you the next time I feel like sharing a dream...if that's what you can call it...
Good luck finishing yours. Sounds good!
i can't actually take all the credit. i thought about it and thought about it, then i read and read about sleep and dreams and symbolism, then i talked to a good friend who said, well duh. take a look at your life. and then it made more sense.
I like goats... and goats milk too. That's an interesting dream. I think you did a good job interpreting it. I haven't had any profound dreams in a while
Post a Comment