"We are happiest, I believe, and God is certainly happiest, when we allow ourselves to fall into beauty. God is luring us there, even now, breath by breath." pg.33
You have people who have issues they haven't yet dealt with. In the end, they learn to accept themselves and the people around them and love each other better. Pretty simple? It took them a lot of beautiful agonizing to get there.
I have thought about the process of learning and beautifying oneself (however you want to take that, I mean more internal beautification) a lot the past little while as my lovely grandmother lay quietly waiting to be free of her body. She died on Saturday, leaving everyone in the house with the impression that she was happy and triumphant, and that absence, whatever it will mean in the days and years to come, makes me want to be a little like georgia and take stock of the things I am grateful for here and now.
There have been some beautiful things here lately.

Avacados gathered on the side of the road by the trail we didn't have time to actually hike this morning.

Artwork left by someone at a construction site.


Fun and games at a Bon dance with Abby and Felix

Jacob and Felix won these Chinese Handcuffs (is that really the name?) while playing games with the keikis.

Abby put hers to good use as well.
We love our cousins.



5 comments:
like that quote and your reflections on it. miss you.
I stole Mr. Charming's portrait without even asking for the rights. That ought to be good for one item of gratitude on my list.
Another? That you posted this. I love you.
And I'm with you—I prefer Haven Kimmel's memoirs.
That is a great quote. I'm going to chew on it for a while... I would like to be more beautific.
You total lurker!! :-) I only found your blog thanks to Google Analytics. I was like, WHO THE HECK IS ANNALEELEE?
Life in Hawaii sounds wonderful. But you need to add anon comments so people with non-blogger blogs can comment. If you want.
Oh. And I'm sorry about your grandmother. I know you all loved her very much. I didn't actually read this post until now. Read some others and then came and commented.
-Natasha.
Post a Comment