Monday, April 09, 2012

So, I made it

through the weekend to my appointment with the doctor today, thanks to that lovely garlic and a steady dose of painkillers. And netflix. Thank you again, Jeanne. The garlic didn't get rid of the infection, but helped to control it until I could get some antibiotics. I was prescribed two. One in drop form to stick in my ear, and one in tablet form to stick in my belly. That's the one that's going to make me feel queezy, but I am just so freaking grateful because I have never

( in my memory)

 experienced an ear infection like this. The doctors assistant was really nice, told me start taking probiotics right away and asked if the over the counter pain meds were enough. Since I don't usually have much pain

(which is why I'm such a baby about it right now)

I really have no cause to take them ever

(I had to go buy some just for the occasion because I didn't even have any at home)

(did you know they recalled Exedrin? That was my favorite for migraines but the pharmacist at Safeway told me it's been recalled)

so they are working fantastic!

(I just took the one with caffeine, can you tell?)

So, back to Netflix, I've been sitting here watching a collection of Ted Talks called Smart laughs and through it was directed to this great site by Ze Frank. He has this awesome drawing tool called the scribbler,

(try it out! It makes anything you draw look cool!)

and a creative challenge of the day to mix two emotions together and thereby make a new emotion.

(my favorite is:


Ennuit: (Pronounced "On Wheat") The state of being soul-wrenchingly bored but also a little hungry.


So funny! Because ennuit is the french word for boredom, but if you pronounce it in an american accent it sound like on wheat which is food.... HAHAHAHA! 
Ahh. I love the internet and I love that other people love it way more than I do and so make great little interesting things on it that I can peruse at my leisure.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think I feel better already!


1 comment:

Geo said...

On-weet! On-weet! Feed me, Netflix!