
and you have a guitar, for Pete's sake, make sure you have a tightly closing case!
Let me tell you a little something about the cucaracha. El C. loves dark undestirbed places. Especially if they are made from something organic that can be eaten.
Did I mention that I got a banjo a while back? Oh yes. I did.
Also, have I ever confided how annoying I think it is to have to actually unbuckle the case to my guitar? I usually just leave it open.
I've neglected my guitar for many months, poor lonely thing. El guitaro got tired of that and made some new friends. Then invited them to live in his home. One day I decided to pull out the ol' guitar for ol' times sake and shocked by the new tenants, nearly threw it accross the room.
Jacob came to my rescue, taking the guitar outside where he could part with his little gross amigo. A few hours later he brought it back in cockroach free, but I couldn't bring myself to play. Can you blame me? But I closed the case securely. Yesterday I finally had the courage to pull it out again, dump the junk (aka cockroach poop) out, and vacuum what I could reach. Then I dumped a bunch of cloves in it. I have no idea, honestly, if that will make a difference, but I know cockroaches are attracted to their own smell, so I thought, maybe if I overpowered the cockroach smell maybe they wouldn't come back. So there it is. My guitar smells like Christmas, but I'm still afraid to play it. Maybe tomorrow.


6 comments:
Haha! Great story (and sorry about the unwanted tenants).
eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Honestly that's the main reason I could NEVER live in Hawaii....YUCK!!! We had roaches in our house in Idaho....That was plenty for me in my lifetime. So sorry this happened. I wouldn't be brave enough to play it either.
Ack! did you scream like a girl? I would have.
still haven't played it, and yes, i did scream like a girl. in fact, after 3 years, i still climb up on the furniture and yell for jacob every time I see one.
I'm glad your guitar smells like Christmas—that's some small comfort in the face of grotty cockroach degradation. I could never ever in a million years handle those critters either. Nightmarish! Aiee!
(Still, kind of funny.)
Have you really been in Hawaii with Jacob three years!? Time flies.
Your carol duet sounded great, btw.
And Mohammad (and Matilda) would pick up cockroaches by their long twitchers in front and just carry them outside. I felt like a serious wimp whenever that happened.
ox.
Post a Comment