Friday, August 31, 2007
the bus
the bus is an interesting place. i got a job on the bus. i sat down next to a woman holding a crying baby, told her how scout wore those same little yellow leather booties with chicks on them and after a few minutes, she asked if i'd like to babysit that same baby two days a week. it pays better than anything else i'm doing right now, so i've put in my notice at the salad place and accepted the job. also, today, as i was standing in the crowded aisle, i caught the eye of a beautiful indian woman with an amazing nose ring. i complimented and she invited me over for dinner. so random. i'm not sure if i'll go yet, but i think she's coming in to kokua tonight to apply for a job, so we'll see if it's a real invitation or just some crazy bus conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Annie, I think the bus is better in Paradise than it is in Zion.
Congrats on your new financial venture, and as always, on being a charismatic character!
When is a good time to call you? I also want to talk about babysitting.
I miss you.
Serious? You babysit? How's it going? What do you do? What's the baby like? The mom? That's just so funny--you missed the normal 12 to 14 year old babysitting phase, didn't you?
What I think is really telling is that that woman was willing to trust you with HER CHILD after knowing you on the bus for five minutes. It's because you radiate goodness and honesty.
(And possibly it has something to do with the mom being a little CR-A-ZY too? Dude, I'd have to have some kind of megawatt spiritual witness to leave my girl with a bus stranger.)
Love reading you.
ox.
So? Did you go to dinner? How is the babysitting going?
Post a Comment